1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HC's Musical Christmas Card

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Dec 20, 2012.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

A few week's ago I realized a longtime dream and performed a one woman show called "A Little Bit of Everything" which brought together all the different kinds of music I perform/love/grew up with. For 'archival purposes' I had JR run my digital recorder on his table during the show and, while not perfect, it came out pretty well.

At the risk of being presumptuous, a number of posters have asked me privately if I had any recordings and expressed some interest in hearing me sing (or at least sing something other than the anthem in a pub). For them, I offer my recording of "O Holy Night" - sung Canadian anthem style, first verse in the original French, last verse in English. I hope you enjoy it.

And for Slappy - I'm working on having my version of "River" clipped out to post on Soundcloud as well. Thought you might be interested. :D

https://soundcloud.com/debo-16/o-holy-night

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

As a totally objective observer, this was just one of HC's great moments in the cabaret.

"River" was perfect and so was the song she dedicated to me. :)

A wonderful night

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

As I told you on Facebook, HC, this is just lovely. Your voice is simply marvelous. :)

And I absolutely love this holiday song. Might be my favorite, along with "The First Noel." Oh, and "The Little Drummer Boy." :)

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting that, HC. You clearly have an instrument given by the angels.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

AWESOME, hc! all except the part that makes me feel like a no-talent, worthless piece of spit...

oh, wait, i felt that way even before being treated to your AWESOMENESS... so we're cool 8) and this is my favorite 'musical christmas card' of all time! ;) :D 8)

6. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Great work, HC. Brought a tear to my eye.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This was beautiful, my darling. So proud of your gift. :)

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

OK, HC. So you can sing the easy ones like "O Holy Night." How about a more challenging number. Have you heard, "I Think You Might Like It"?

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It'll please you to know that I referenced Ludacris' "You'se a Ho" at my cabaret and said that the only reason I wasn't singing it was that my pianist couldn't play it. :D

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

How beautiful, HC!!! Thank you so much for sharing your gift.

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

That was amazing. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted