1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HC's Friday rant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Jun 15, 2012.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

To the asswipe in the Honda Civic: I know you didn't like the legal way I was riding but responding to my attempt to explain why I was in the left hand lane by calling me "Fat ass" and then wittily reposting "I guess that's why you ride the bike" was a truly douchey thing to do. In fact, it IS why I ride my bike and it's how I've lost 90 lbs so far. I know I have more to lose but I'm working on it. So good for you, you touched a nerve and made me cry. Oh ... and rolling up your window as you said it just proves you're a coward.

Please don't feel the need to respond. I'm stupid sensitive about this and I know in my head he was in the wrong. I just hope somebody reads this and remembers it the next time they make a fat joke or judge someone's character by their body type.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love you.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I have a feeling I should find this funny. Little help?

Anyway, HC doesn't deserve people being jerks. She seems like a good person.

JR, on the other hand . . .

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I had to read it three times. He was saying the person in the car was the self-important douchebag ... I think. Not that a self-important douchebag would ride a bike in the city.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Toronto has as many self-important douchebags in cars as anywhere.

I have known HC for several years and the results she has got from her Lance Armstrong-like (without the doping rumours) devotion to her bike should make her an inspiration to anybody. Too bad I wasn't there to come to her aid with a torrent of vulgarity directed at an asshole who feels like a big wheel because he is in a car.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Preach on, sister. And lose on, as well.

Keep your head on a swivel and don't let the douchebags get you down.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

She can do way better than JR. And I have told him this.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

1) What IJAG said.
    2) If you want an Army, it will start with MC and me. I'm sure we're not alone.
    3) Some people are just ... well, I'm not in the no-swearing town in Massachusetts ... but you know ...

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"I can lose weight. Your cock will always be small and unsatisfactory to your lover."

That's what I would have gone with. :D

Take heart, HC, anyone who would treat a total stranger that shabbily obviously has a pretty shitty life to begin with. And you have us. (that's supposed to cheer you up. :D)

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That cheered me up and it wasn't even directed at me. The top part at least. I will have to remember that.

There are douchebags everywhere. They come in all shapes and sizes. Block him out, and know there are people that love ya and are proud of you on here and, well I'm sure that JR guy is fond of you too. :)

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'm overweight, and I've heard snickers when I'm out running around town or at the gym. I probably look like Gordon from "Dodgeball" when I'm working out...in fact I know I do.

[​IMG]

But I still want to yell out:

"Make up your mind! You can either laugh at me for being fat or you can laugh at me for looking ridiculous working out! You can't do both! It's hypocritical! One is the solution to the other!"

Then I catch myself, realizing that that would be using logic with a moron. That just doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

HC, you just keep doing what you do. I haven't had much contact with you on here, but anybody who loses 90+ pounds and is as obviously devoted to making themselves better as you are gets nothing but a Hooah from me. Also, you can add me to the list if you want somebody to come defend your honor.
    Brian, I know the feeling. I used to weigh almost 290 pounds before losing more than 100 pounds (I'm now between 200-210). I'm well-aware of what I look like when I work out, run, etc. and I'm sure I look goofy as hell out there doing what I'm trying to do at age 38. I try not to let it get to me. I just remember I'm bettering myself, which is more than a lot of people out there can say. Just keep working and you'll get to where you want to be. Don't let anybody or anything deter you from that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted