1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HBO's Hung

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Suicide Squeezer, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Couldn't find a thread on this show, so figured I'd take the initiative to start one.

Just watched the first five episodes of the first season tonight. Very good show so far. Thomas Jane's character is fantastic. He's like Jimmy McNulty and Hank Moody wrapped into one, and it seems to work. Also nice to see Livingston from the Ocean's 11 trilogy in something else.

Anybody else seen it?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Watched it because it was set in Michigan; was bored by the third week

3. Suicide Squeezer

The third episode did drag a bit, but the two that followed kept me interested enough to at least see how the rest of the season goes.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I tried watching it last season. I gave up after four or five episodes. Thumbs up for using The Black Keys as the theme music though.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I have never seen Hung, if it is anything like Californication, I would like it.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Count me in the camp that started watching but gave up.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just a bad show but there is a song on my Walkman from it, so it has that going for it.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Great show, but probably not for guys. A little short on plot but terrific characters.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We watch at our house, but I'm not sure why. Neither of us seems to like it much.
    I think we watch it because we watch 'True Blood' and 'Entourage.'

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Liked the one episode of "Hung" I saw, but I'm digging MTV's "The Hard Times of RJ Berger" a bit more.

It's your typical schoolboy nerd tries to bag the unattainable hot girl story with a twist ... the geek has a huge, uh, you know. In that respect it has something in common with "Hung."

Anyway, I think it's great, sucktastic channel and all.

11. Suicide Squeezer

Finished the first season tonight. All things considered, I enjoyed it and would say it's worth a watch. Not so much for the cast, but Thomas Jane is great as the Ray Drecker character. I've only seen the first season of Californication and liked that more. If you like Californication, though, I would recommend Hung if you can catch it on OnDemand or NetFlix.

Draft saved Draft deleted