1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HBO's Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And then there's this. Antonio Cromartie is apparently upset HBO made it look like he couldn't remember the names of all his kids:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Cromartie-blames-Hard-Knocks-producers-for-kid?urn=nfl-263928

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Regardless, he's got a hell of a lotta kids.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Given time, this show will replace the Madden NFL cover jinx. If I'm an owner, anyone in my organization who wants to do this program is fired immediately.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Bengals won their division last year, after missing the playoffs for three straight years. Unless you count Chris Henry's death, but I'd argue that he was never going to see 30 anyway.

5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

It's hit and miss right now:

2001 Ravens -- won a playoff game (maybe their expectations were higher coming off the Super Bowl win).
    2002 Cowboys sucked. Don't remember what their expectations were.
    2007 Chiefs were terrible but they were supposed to be.
    2008 Cowboys missed playoffs and they did have big expecations.
    2009 Bengals won division after being expected to suck as usual.

It's certainly a risk for a team like the Jets who have such self-imposed high hopes, but I can't think of a better team right now to be on the show.

6. Call me crazy but I'm not buying Cromartie's line. From people that have covered him closely in San Diego, he's pretty full of it.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

A reality show that's completely staged? GTFO.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

He's apparently been trying to get rid of it in as many women as possible.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Cooley would be cised at your feeble murder attempt.

And it's obvious Cromartie gets cised....for damn near anything. How many 3-year-olds he got? 4?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Aren't you cute?

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

And tomorrow on the Dan Patrick Show, Dan and the Danettes talk more about how much Ryan curses and whether Tony Dungy would hire a coach who curses that much.

Draft saved Draft deleted