1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HBO's Hard Knocks: Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 7, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How the hell am I supposed to know? I didn't know who Les Brown was until I watched Hard Knocks yesterday.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

My favorite Chad Johnson story from the opener was second-hand. When one of the QBs (Tannehill, I think) said he asked him where he was going after practice one day, and Johnson said "I don't know, but I'll probably be open."

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

HBO needs to change their script.The show has become too predictable. It seems like they always playing up the aging veteran trying to make the team and the young player with hot wife.

No doubt it's why The Dolphins would have brought in Johnson.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Now, Johnson says he's done with the media after watching that first episode.

Uh huh....sure....

5. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Ohcho... uh... Johnson is about the only enjoyable thing for me, but it's easy to see why people can't stand him. Tannehill's wife isn't nearly as hot as the tease they threw in with the Dolphins cheerleaders.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Uh, why?

All they did when I watched was crack up like hyenas at every dumbass joke he was trying to make. Reminded me of the way people used to giggle like school girls while Bob Knight insulted for 20 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

So much for what we said about Chad Johnson being harmless:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-chad-johnson-arrested-081112,0,751890.story

8. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

He is in the hoosegow - - but he is still open. That's what he told Tannehill, no?

Tough to thread a ball through those crossbars.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I mentioned this on the NFL thread, too. On the one episode I saw, Johnson is leaving the Dolphins' facility and he actually guarantees that he's going to get himself arrested. Maybe it wasn't the day, but at least he was true to his word.

10. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Nice of the Dolphins to promise to bail him out:

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Jay Glazer reporting the Dolphins released Chad Johnson. Can't wait to see how Hard Knocks handles this.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Would anyone here kick her out of bed for eating crackers?

Draft saved Draft deleted