1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HBO: "Generation Kill"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Jul 13, 2008.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Not only are Ziggy & Caliccio from The Wire in it, but the guy who plays Evan Wright (Lee Tergesen) played a recurring character on Homicide. (Officer Chris Thormann, a police officer who was shot in the face & blinded. His wife was played by Edie Falco.)

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Lee Tergeson is better known in HBO circles as Beecher from "Oz" who was repeatedly raped and tortured by the actor who went on to play J. Jonah Jameson (His name escapes me at the moment). BTW, Beecher's revenge on that first season of Oz was probably the nastiest, but most well thought out revenge plots I had seen on TV to that point.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I turned off HBO after The Wire went off the air and John Adams fell flat.

I'll be sure to Netflix this in eight months.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just finished watching it on DVD - they really got the vibe dead-on. Amazing to think that after some initial controversy, the Corps is using the book to give Marines a taste of what to expect.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Loved some of the comments at the end of the episodes. Really made you think.

Really well done series. Just finished the last ep last night. It does a nice job of humanizing the Marines and putting in perspective just how bungled the entire war effort was over there. I loved how Godfather so badly wanted to fight a traditional war, but it just wouldn't take, because that war was nothing but tradtional. You have old Marines set in old Marine ways, and young Marines who only want to kill. And then people like Fick and Iceman in between. Fine effort by Simon and crew.

Draft saved Draft deleted