1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HBO cans "Inside the NFL"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 6, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

I worked on the show once when it was Len Dawson, Jimmy Johnson and I think Nick Bonocuonti was still there. They brought it to Pittsburgh and all of them could not have been nicer.
    Jimmy was having an earpiece problem, never got snippy, never got frustrated, just looked at me and said "It happens, I'll deal with it".

2. I will also have to cancel my season pass. Countdown is good because of the immediacy of it, but Inside was better. More context, more insight and I liked Costas plus Collinsworth plus Marino plus Carter.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

The show had its place with the NFL Films highlights but they also did some good features, such as one last week on the 1925 Pottsville Maroons.
    Plus, any show with Costas is one I'm going to watch.
    I am going to miss it, I DVR it and watch it Thursday mornings.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

A black day for NFL Films junkies like me.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Problem with NFL Network absorbing it, one of a few, is that its title will simply absorb into all the other "NFL"-centric titles on the Network.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Seems Costas isn't too happy with the decision.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Long, long run.

I can remember making time for the show way back when.

Used to be that where you would get the very newest and latest from Gary Myers.

8. patchs

patchs Active Member

The finale was fun, it was like a locker room on the set with Marino as the joker.
    And Nick Buoniconti is as bitter an old man as I've ever seen.
    And I love it.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Great finale....

Cris Carter was incredible in talking about the HOF snub. Peter King, though he is a pro-Carter guy, looked to be squirming through the segment. Carter was very classy, since he is the biggest HOF snub in any sport's history. He did say, "what happens if something happens to me in the next year.... what if something happens to my son?"

The SB highlights were very interesting..... Mike Carey almost didn't allow Belichick to challenge the 12-men-on-the-field call.... Michael Strahan was a profit on the sideline, "17-14." ... Really incredible how fucking hard Brady got hit over and over again.

Also, Nick Buoniconti is no bitter man. I'd like to see anyone go through what happened to Marc 22 years ago and be so well adjusted... actually I wouldn't.

That is the only thing he would have reason to be BITTER about.

After all.... he went 17-0.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

awesome stuff, jesus.

Draft saved Draft deleted