1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HBO cans "Inside the NFL"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I guess I can take that season pass off my DVR ...

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6529584.html

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sounds like it will be reincarnated on NFL Network.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

One less reason to subscribe to HBO. I always, always made sure to watch "Inside the NFL."

4. markvid

markvid Guest

I'm surprised at this...thought it was still one of the most successful shows they had.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

That's a stupid quote.
    The show was like many others out there (yes, it was original, but copied many times over).
    How are you going to reincarnate the HBO version?

6. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Follow the money. If you are the NFL, do you want the NFL Network as the main source of NFL programming? They will keep a portion of games on other nets for the rights fees, but this type of programming is different. They stand to profit more from a successful NFL network, I would think, but I have no direct knowledge of this situation. Just an observation.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

But that type of programming exists all over the place.

8. TheSportsPredictor

It's on ESPN and NBC's Sunday night game of the week. That's about it.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Nope...it's all over ESPN all week, there is a syndicated show from the NFL each week, etc.

10. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Maybe they hope to bring the HBO audience that watched the show to the NFL Network to help it grow. Makes sense to have your product on your network, but again, just an observation. They have limited rights to the locals in recent years.

At this point they need ESPN, but not HBO.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

The restrictions on the locals have been relaxed. The NFL blinked on that one because of pressure by TV stations.
    And one hour a week is not gonna make the network grow. If that was a unique show, it's one thing, but it's not.

12. TheSportsPredictor

That's what I wrote -- it's on ESPN and NBC's Sunday night show. Where else?

Draft saved Draft deleted