1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hazing on New Mexico high school football team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20080923/Football.Team.Hazing/

More of the old broomstick-in-the-rectum thing, people blaming the media for reporting on it, etc.
    I'm not sure whether or not I should be surprised that this still happens or not.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, they still had their shorts on. What's the big deal? At least it kept them from getting splinters.

(I refuse to use blue font...so if anyone didn't get it, I'm kidding. Can never be too safe on here with the idiots)

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Why don't we ever cover the J.V. sodomizing?

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Or the sodomizing on the cross-country team? They work just as hard as the football team.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So, this isn't only relegated to Sunnyside, Wash.?

By the way, that hazing incident gave a whole new meaning to Sunnyside Up.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Rimshot.

(so to speak)

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who lets people do that to their teammates? I can understand a handful of assholes getting their jollies on it, but you'd hope there would be enough sane players with the balls to stop them.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Their balls got shaved when they were freshmen.

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

What a bunch of assholes.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

SportsJournalists.commers or the football players?

11. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

At my high school, it was a rare case when anyone stood up for other people in front of any type of crowd. Sad, but true.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a story about six or eight weeks ago on ESPN.com about the exact same situation in the Northeast?

What is it with high school boys sticking a broomstick up a kids' ass? And parents or administrators who don't see anything wrong with it? Sickos.

Draft saved Draft deleted