1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hayden Fox - Coach

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff_Rake, Oct 3, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I never noticed whether she could act, at least not primarily.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh, I don't know. She was pretty MILFable on One Day at a Time as Bonnie Franklin's business partner....
    Also is Nanette Fabres daughter, for real TV buffs. Changed the last name to the make it easier on the pronunciation...

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And I think she tried to defeat Schiff, too. ;)

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Nanette Fabray played Shelley's mother in "Coach," but in real life she is actually Shelley's aunt. She and Shelley's father are sister and brother.

5. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I'm sorry Shelly Fabares as a MILF just escapes me. Maybe I was too young when it was on and she looked too old.

Does anyone remember the penultimate episode of his college career? It was, if memory serves me, when Coach told that walk-on DB, some skinny white dude, to do anything necessary to win this game, against Iowa or someone big, and then he hurt the star receiver he was on pretty bad and the theme at the end was that he, and especially Coach, went too far in order to win, a sign that maybe Minn St had evolved into a modern day program that was above the law. And then next episode, it was like nothing happened and they went to a bowl game (was it the Rose Bowl?) and Coach got a pro offer. I thought it was funny how they tried to be serious once and then blew it off.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Because of this thread, I started Tivoing it. Now my challenge is to identify the Minnesota game film they use. Yesterday's episode was the one where Hayden can't handle the fact that the team is on a four-game winning streak because he thinks they didn't play well enough to win any of the games. In the fifth game, they trail Alabama 10-3 with eight seconds to go and Bama is forced to punt. The Screaming Eagles took the punt back and then got the 2-pt conversion when the wideout tipped the ball to himself. Little did viewers know that Alabama was really Northern Illinois........

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Mrs. Terrier used to watch this show regularly, and once said Coach reminded her of me. Is that a compliment, an insult or something inbetween?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hmm. I thought Hayden Fox was a dick in the show, myself. Handsome man, though.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Pretty much my thoughts, though Kelly was more to my licking liking. Once the staff made the jump to Orlando, the show should have ended right there.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I didn't even realize that was her until I saw her name in the credits. Of course, then I had to watch it (several times!) again. Definitely a different character than Kelly. As for Shelly Fabares, is it just me or did she seem to age 10 years almost overnight on that show? Her voice got deep and she had massive makeup covering all the wrinkles.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

If memory serves me right, Fabares is married to Mike Ferrell aka BJ Hunnycutt from MASH.
    And if you really love Coach...
    [​IMG]

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

You're a winner!
    You're a winner!
    You got a hole in one!
    A free dinner, a free dinner!
    And its yours for a job well done!
    We owe a free game too
    (something completely unintelligible)
    Because that's the way we treat our friends