1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hawley and Woj

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

McCaskill works for MSNBC

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

i had been drinking and wrote " walk you" and my dog was none too pleased but i still deleted the message

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

If you're arguing with a dude with teeth as big as floor tiles at drunk-thirty in the morning, then you're the moron, fool.

I expect a writer to do better than 'Fuck you', frankly. I can scrawl that on a dinner roll and throw it down the street.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

With a felt pen?

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

McCaskill was the accidental senator. Winning in the 2006 wave, she survived in 2012 when Todd Akin stepped in poop.

Missouri had moderate Republicans for a long time in Kit Bond and Jack Danforth. Rich guys with privilege. Then the John Ashcrofts took over and that’s led to the Hawleys and the deposed Eric Greitens. Missouri voters love their flag-waving military heroes who talk tough and run for office.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Woj has done better, and on a deadline, too.

Jordan's night to remember turns petty

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Az, I don't care if he's employed by the NBA or not. My feelings are this: here is this totally terrible politician -- the kind of leader who has done a poor job during this -- baiting a guy into a suspension. That is totally, totally wrong.

Who's to say he won't do the same to his constituents? Bully them into silence. How many people in his districts are now afraid of him because he'll get them punished, too? That's my issue.

He apologized. The suspension was not necessary. ESPN has given this guy power he did not earn or deserve. Come on.

8. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Why did Woj have to go full Jemele Hill on this?

Is anything really of substance going to come out of it?

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

That is funny, I picture it done bowling style.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Tons of folks thought it.

But as a professional, a representative of your international company and also "the guy" specifically linked to the company (NBA) in the tweet-comment-whatever, you don't do it. You just don't.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

If his constiuents disagree with him in a manner that doesn’t include profanity they won’t be punished.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

None of that matters.

Woj is a journalist working for ESPN, not a publicist in the marketing department of the NBA.

Draft saved Draft deleted