1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hawk Harrelson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Jul 20, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Be smart. Divvy your money up between this and the Berman thread. Eventually, some one will take us up on it.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

What's the bounty on Berman up to now?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not sure, but the last time I tallied, it was well over $200 for confirmation of a pimp slap to his oversized dome.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Oh, it's waaay past that. I pledged somewhere between $100-150 if certain stipulations were met.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Best I can tell it stalled at aroun $210, unless seperate pledges were made on different threads.

Someone offered $500 if a co-announcer on a golf telecast would describe a short putt as "within the leather."

Which is fucking hilarious.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hawk Harrelson is an asshole idiot who should have been i n a Texas death match with Mariotti years ago.
    And I am in for the Hawk/Berman Bitch slap for 50 bones.

Having said that, the Tigers are like 2-7 or something like that against the Sox and like 1-and-111billion against the Yankees -- even if they are 4 1/2 up on the Sox...Detroit has gotten fat on the average teams and the havenots and flopped against the haves.... Yes, it was big in regards to the psyche of the Tigers heading into the stretch

Now get me another beer newb... top of the seventh coming up

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And they're about to be 3-7 and 5.5 up on the Sox.

BTW Sox fans, here come the Twins.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

SHHHHHHHHH!

There's nobody back here. Continue your infatuation with the Tigers and Yankees. It's just Minnesota and Tampa Bay. Probably won't even get a mention on Sportscenter.

Nothing to see back here, honest.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not quite 100 percent accurate to say that they have flopped against the haves. The Tigers have the third best record in the majors against teams with above .500 records (only the two Sox are better).

10. 85bears

85bears Member

Guess the Tigers psyche is OK as it turns out.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Speaking in Mariotti, the bastard hasn't written a column in almost a month (June 26) for the S-T.

Is he on triple-secret probation or laying low on ATH?

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Supposedly he is "weeks and weeks and weeks" from returning.

Draft saved Draft deleted