1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hawk Harrelson in the NYT: Sabermetrics 'the biggest joke I've ever seen'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

Which is what, exactly?

Hawk claimed he was the first guy to wear golf gloves because he had played 36 holes on the day of the game. This is a guy who manipulated ownership of the Kansas City A's in 1967, and then threatened to quit baseball when he was traded to Cleveland, being that he had ownership in a couple of businesses. Commissioner Bowie Kuhn stepped in and smoothed things over, saying, "I can't imagine baseball without Hawk Harrelson." Two years later he was out of baseball. Being the White Sox general manager didn't go well, and doing Yankees cable broadcasts was pretty awful.

Hawk is a complete BS artist who had managed to fool a number of people for a long time.

He is a complete BS artist

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Being a miserable piece of shit and a shitty no-talent assclown as an announcer.

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

Hawk Harrelson taking out somebody with a slide? I would need to see a picture proving that.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to help him get there quicker.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted