1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hawaii 5-0

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I think you're right. I can see him/her teaming up with a Wo Fat-like character.

2. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I predict they might.....But only to help boost sagging ratings (if either show starts losing viewers).

3. highlander

highlander Member

I think he was out of ammo. That's why Danno picked grabbed a fresh clip.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think this version of 5-0 is to the original what NCIS LA is to NCIS: A younger, Beverly Hills Cop-type reimagining of the original. More gunplay, less plot.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Apparently H5O drew pretty good numbers, so I would guess it's good for at least a half-season or so unless things really go in the tank in a hurry.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/tv/2010/09/weak-openings-for-all-but-hawaii-five-o.html

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Time to reprise "Homicide" and have him consult with Bayless and Pembleton on the Adina Watson murder. ;)

7. Starman

CBS is really trying to pump this up -- they re-ran the premiere episode last night (Saturday) after college football (undoubtedly hoping for some carryover male viewers).

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

It may work for the premier Star. I'm anxious to see how the ratings are in the weeks to come.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I finally got around to seeing it last night with On Demand. Wasn't bad although it did kind of come off as a paint-by-numbers crime drama. The actors did seem to pull off their roles, though Caan's character seemed like Turk Malloy of "Ocean's 11" just up and decided to join the police force.

If the chemistry between the actors continues to develop well and they come up with some good plots (and some more great shots of Grace Park), I'll probably continue watching.

10. Starman

Second episode last night.

1. The show is developing way too much into a completely formulaic buddy-cop show. Too much wisecracking bantering between DanO and McGarrett where DanO shows him no deference whatsoever.

2. Storyline was OK with some decent action scenes, but there was absolutely nothing unique about the plotline which placed the episode in Hawaii -- it could have been set in New York, Miami, Houston or LA and nobody would ever have known the difference.

3. No Grace Park-in-a-bikini scenes, although she spent the entire episode in skin-tight jeans and tank top. Plus the episode did more or less focus on her.

4. Out of nowhere, the snap resolution of the pilot episode was undone -- the body of McGarrett's dad's killer was never found!! (Even though McGarrett himself shot him at point-blank range and kicked his body into the water 15 feet below.) Can you believe it?

5. Two episodes in, McGarrett's group still has no official name. It's still called "the Governor's special task force." Maybe somebody could come up with a catchy name?

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

How about "Grace and the Guys"

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Star, it's obvious they need to do some work on the script. This hip, fast-paced storyline leaves a lot to be desired.

Draft saved Draft deleted