1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Having an older brother causes gayness

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Jun 26, 2006.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

If there's one thing in life that I can be positive of without checking, it is that my youngest brother has received a link to this story from his three male siblings. I know I did my part.

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Actually, that would be a 66% higher chance. However, you would be correct in saying that you're 40% less likely to be gay if you don't have older brothers.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Think about it. On this board, we have GaySportsReporter, trounced and bobblehead. That's all. Perhaps the 3-percent is the high number. ;)

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're correct. I was looking at 2 out of 5 only, not 2 out of 3 as well.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

And, as the older brother to four younger brothers, I'll be forwarding the link along to them, too.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Silly boys ... this could open up a can of trouble ... getting into that whole, born gay vs. mid-life realization of turning gay.

I don't want to "go there" ... so, I just won't. I swore to never post about politics and the such.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I have three older brothers.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :-\

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The older brother, gay younger brother phenomenon isn't a new discovery. They knew it anecdotally long ago, and there have been lots of studies that verify it.

I have seen two TV news shows segments that looked at this. One fairly recently. One theory among the scientists looking at it was that it has something to do with the prenatal hormones of pregnant women who have already had a boy. I can't remember the details of the explanation they gave, but it was fascinating while I was watching it.

I was already convinced that in at least a good chunk of gay people, it is hereditary or genetic, but after seeing the two segments I mentioned, I was convinced.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'm in complete agreement with Ragu.

10. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

That must have been painful to type.

KIDDING!

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Not at all. Ragu and I are soul brothers. But I do have to wonder about his older brothers after seeing his sig pic when he was wearing an old lady dress.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not to threadjack... but 1) no older brothers. Two older sisters. 2) It is not a dress. It's a dashiki. I'm trying to connect to my African roots and you mock my culture by repeatedly calling it a dress.

Does anyone else on the board think Idaho needs to join Ozzie Guillen for some sensitivity training?

Draft saved Draft deleted