1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Haven't darkened the door...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Nov 4, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

A major oversight -- my apologies.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Haven't set foot in a theatre - much to the wife's dismay - since Something About Mary.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

We go almost every Saturday night. Last night it was at the mall, but usually it's at one of two downtown theaters (one of them shows non-mainstream artsy films). Even if the movie wasn't great, there's something retro and -- I don't know, American? -- about going to the movies and then walking a block to get ice cream. We watch movies at home, too.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think my last one that didn't involve some animated fish was "As Good As It Gets."

And I was a film major.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Like Mr. Ridgeway, we catch a movie most weekends - sometimes two, if there's a limited-run revival going on downtown. Saw this in Brooklyn last night. Just ravishing.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shadows_of_forgotten_ancestors/

[​IMG]

Please to be noting typo in poster blurb copy for confirming of authentical foreign origins.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I like that they got extraordinary, but not supreme.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

For THAT you broke a streak? Could have given me the eight bucks and I'd have slapped you around -- which would have been far more entertaining than watching Ben Stiller

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

On The Ocho!

9. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

It's been more than four years for me. Last movie in a theatre: Drumline.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
    That's probably the only comment needed for that.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Pretty similar here.

I saw Friday Night Lights in the theater, then next time in the theater was for The Simpsons (which, like you, had been waiting forever to see).

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

To the one PMer: Because I'd prefer to watch movies from the comforts of home on my 61-inch television, I'm a loser?

Oh, OK...

Draft saved Draft deleted