1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have zero idea what to do after running over a skunk (seriously)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colin Dunlap, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Cancel it out with Miller High Life, the skunkiest beer going.

2. Colin Dunlap

Colin Dunlap Member

Nice.
    Good work.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1827,147168-240205,00.html

ROAST SKUNK
    Printed from COOKS.COM

□ 1 skunk, scent bag removed
    □ 2 sliced carrots
    □ 1 c. clear soup
    □ 1 tsp. onion juice

Dissolve 1 bouillon cube in 1 cup hot water. Skin, clean, and remove scent bag from skunk. Parboil in salted water 15 minutes. Drain off water. Then place meat in fresh water and steam until tender, about 1 hour. Transfer to roasting pan and put in oven at 375 degrees. Add 1 cup of clear soup, 2 sliced carrots and 1 teaspoon of onion juice and cook uncovered for 2 hours.

Bon appetite!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Whut kinda boullion cube?

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Try baking soda.

Or trade in the car.

6. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

The auto parts store sells a lemon flavored spray product in a can that you spray into your car and it rids your car of the skunk smell. It happened to me. It comes in through your vents especially if you have your fan on in your car on your heating and cooling unit. So that's how it got in your car. This lemon stuff is the only cure. Go to the auto parts store and ask for it. They will know what I am talking about.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Collectively, this has been a very funny week for SportsJournalists.com. Keep up the good work.

8. mb

mb Active Member

Sorry, man. You've got to go bury that car in the backyard and never speak of it again.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

10. Colin Dunlap

Colin Dunlap Member

UPDATE-
    Car still parked in driveway.
    And it still stinks. Horribly.
    Been too busy to go to the auto parts store. Actually, I decided I might make a game of all of this and see how long it takes for it to go away on its own.

Also, my wife is not amused by any of this, as she went to get the mail today, walked out past the car, came back in and said "you better do something about that smell, seriously, it is awful."
    I looked up from my laptop, not being able to think of anything better and said, "the skunk is in a better place, why are you turning this into a negative."

She was pissed and walked away.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://www.ehow.com/how_5072907_remove-skunk-odor-car.html

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

There are some great comebacks available, if you're willing to be slapped. Hard.

Draft saved Draft deleted