1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever wondered why ...?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hey, Wile E. had enough problems as it was.

You wanna talk about persecuted Looney Tunes characters, what about Sylvester? That poor fucker was regularly tormented by Tweety and, in no particular order, Granny, the unidentified bulldog, Porky Pig, Speedy Gonzales and the baby kangaroo/giant mouse. I'm surprised he had enough jam to be able to find a wife and reproduce, although, given what a spoiled brat they produced, he probably should have sought the ministrations of Bob Barker.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Our photog took shots today of an art class drawing a nudel model, and looking at the shots with him takes me back to 1994 when, living in Iowa City, I offered my services as a nude model. It paid $8/hour, which wasn't so bad for Iowa City back then. This was an MFA class at University of Iowa. I don't wonder why I did it, because I'm a pretty open person, but I do wish I'd asked some of the 40 students to see their renditions of me. There are naked artistic Songbird's throughout America. I'll pay someone here 5 bucks to find one of the renditions.

Oh, it's hotter than bloody hell here. It's supposed to be the hottest day of the year. Yet I'm going to cover a Babe Ruth game. I'm wondering why ...

Draft saved Draft deleted