1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever wondered why ...?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wasn't the Road Runner the antichrist in that episode?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This thread, page 2, two-thirds of the way down, my post.

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

To answer that Adam and Eve question earlier, Cain and Abel weren't the only kids. I don't know how many there were, but consider that back then, people lived to be 600 years old. Imagine how many kids Shawn Kemp could spawn in that time.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

But wouldn't that make for a lot of incest?

5. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Do you see any other way possible?

And since we all came from Adam and Eve ... eeeeeeeeeeewwww!

6. 2muchcoffeeman

Right now, our more fundamentalist members are trying to find a way to explain this one. :D

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Mary Anne ... followed by Lovie Howell (not sure that's her name.) Ginger was gross.

Mary Anne is hot even today in her late 50s. Saw a ET story where Dawn Wells was running an acting school in Montana.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Or Wilt Chamberlin.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Reminds me of Cliff Barnes from "Dallas." I never understood why the little weenie didn't either eat the barrel of his own .44 or go postal on the entire Metroplex, in essence committing suicide by SWAT team. You really can't say he had the patience of Job, because even Job would've said, "how much longer are you gonna fucking take that shit?" Time after time, poor Cliff would just wait until J.R. lifted his boot heel, then he'd dig himself out of the dirt again. But, wonder of wonders, I guess he knew what he was doing after all; at the end of the show he wound up taking over Ewing Oil and forcing J.R.'s exile from Southfork via Bobby's disgust for his oldest brother. Digger woulda been proud.

The irony of Wile E.'s dilemma, though, was truly interesting. His various schemes to catch the Road Runner, as each episode progressed, intensified until the point where, had they actually worked, they would have served only to destroy the bird, not to capture it. Ergo, Wile E. would have remained endlessly hungry, since there would have been nothing left of the Road Runner to eat.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It should also be mentioned that Wile E. Coyote was also the sheepdog's bitch.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Different guy. His name was Ralph Wolf.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Sheepdog_and_Ralph_Wolf

Sam Sheepdog and Ralph Wolf are animated cartoon characters in the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies series of cartoons.

Ralph (named after a Warner Bros. employee) has virtually the same character design as another Warners character, Wile E. Coyote—brown fur, wiry body, and huge ears, but with a red nose in place of the Coyote's black one. He also shares the same appetite, fanatical persistence and use of Acme Corporation products, but he covets sheep instead of road runners and, when he speaks, doesn't have the upper-class accent or the egotistical bearing of the Coyote.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Somehow, I am proud not to know the difference. :-\

Draft saved Draft deleted