1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever wondered why ...?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jul 14, 2006.

1. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

This is a very Seinfeldian conversation...

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I watched maybe an episode and a half, so I wouldn't know.

3. shecky

shecky Member

Showing your age (fortunately not with angst), UT. Back in Superman's heyday, phone booths were a lot more private. Glass, small amounts of it, at the top.

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Well, that's all well and good.

And bonus to me for being too young to know and not being angsty about it.

:)

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Don't feel bad, Shooter. I still think changing in any phone booth, even the old-timey ones, is a stupid idea. Use the can to do it.

"Hey mister! You almost done dropping your drawers? I gotta call Sully!"

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Actually, I believe a Coyote-Road Runner cartoon addresses this very topic (OK, not the chicken coop thing).

Begins with Coyote chasing Road Runner, and the frame freezes. You see the shadow of a little kid standing up in the "theater" and asking the Coyote why he doesn't just kill any old bird, why he has to have the Road Runner.

Wile E. then explains himself by extolling the delicious virtues of road runner meat and opening up a cookbook with all sorts of recipes, such as stuffed road runner with potatoes, "just like grandma used to make."

Anyone else remember that cartoon?

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Does anyone else remember the classic story from years back in (I think) The New Yorker covering Wile E. Coyote's fictional lawsuit against Acme Corp. for all the crap he bought that didn't work?

Wish I could find a link to that one...

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm pretty sure there was a cartoon that revealed Roadrunner actually owned stock in Acme. A lawsuit definitely was warranted

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Have you ever wondered if Adam and Eve had navels?

Why there were never a bunch of little snot-nosed kids that looked like Gilligan, Skipper and Professor running around the island?

I'm lucky to get two years out of a pair of $60 shoes, yet the Castaways wore the same pair of Vans for 15 years ...

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And how on Earth could the, uhm, Earth have gotten so populated when it was just Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, and of course, after time, no Abel?

11. shecky

shecky Member

Speaking of the Castaways, the Professor could make a radio out of two palm fronds and some sand, but couldn't fix the friggin' boat? Why is that?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He was too busy trying to talk Mary Anne into letting him go ass-to-mouth.

Draft saved Draft deleted