1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever wondered why ...?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jul 14, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Started this because a co-worker wondered aloud about Wile E. Coyote of Bugs Bunny fame. He wondered why, instead of spending thousands of dollars ordering high-tech junk from Acme to catch a scrawny bird without a lot of meat to begin with, why not just buy a whole chicken farm and gorge to his heart's content?

<stunned silence>

I had to admit I had never thought about that.

He then wondered why Lucky (of Lucky Charms cereal) spent so much time gushing about yellow hearts and green clovers instead of actually eating the freaking cereal, and wondering why the Trix rabbit did the same. Surely if a rabbit had dug his junk into your bowl of puffs, you're not going to eat it when you catch him, right? Eat the freakin' rabbit instead.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

no. 8) 8) 8)

and i'm not about to start now. ::) ::) ::)

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Someone brought up a good point the other day: in the age of cell phones, where does Superman change? There are no phone booths anymore.

4. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Since there's a Starbucks on every corner now, he probably justs pops into their men's room.

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I never understood why he changed in a phone booth at all, since they're made of CLEAR GLASS.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Since we're talking about Superman, I was watching the original with Christopher Reeve the other day and toward the end, Clark Kent jumps out the Daily Planet window and suddenly goes from being in a suit to his Super-roos. He did nothing except throw his arms downward and -- WHOOSH! -- he's in his duds.

What, does Superman have the mental power to change clothes?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What I want to know is, why did Holly get back into the pylon after she'd returned to the real world in land of the lost?

And how did Bill Laimbeer fit into one of those sleestack outfits?

And, there were times Tom got his claws on Jerry. Why didn't he just eat that fucking mouse and be done with it?

And how many lumps you want? Uhhh, three or four.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Been watching a lot of Tom and Jerry with my son lately (old-school cartoons) and I often wonder the same thing. He's got a James Bond supervillain mentality. Don't kill the mouse. Don't throw him out of the house. EAT HIM!

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Theorists have pondered while Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius, aka Carnivorous Vulgaris was so focused on the Road Runner aka Acceleratti Incredibilus for decades.

There are two main theories...

1. As a young pup, Wile E's father told him that he had to catch a road runner before he could speak. In trying to please his father, Wile E. decided to try to catch the ginormous Ostrich-sized Road Runner, instead of the smaller variety.

2. The ginormous Ostrich-sized Road Runner is one of the rarest of delicacies. As Wile E. explained, each part tastes like something entirely different. While chicken tastes like chicken, different parts of the Road Runner taste like banana, liquorice, sponge cake, candied yams, tamales, chop suey, Wisconsin cheddar cheese, a very dry double martini and Yorkshire pudding.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I do indeed remember the second part. He had a diagram chart and even the tail and beak were delicacies. Weird stuff.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And snozberries taste like snozberries.

Snozberries?! Who's ever heard of Snozberries?!

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Have you ever wondered why psychics need to ask your name?

Draft saved Draft deleted