1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have You Ever Won The Lottery?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Aug 2, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is she hot?

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Dude I worked with at the Nation's Nicepaper won several millions in the lottery ... damned if he didn't amble back into the biz, at the community level, within a few years just to have something to do. Takes all kind.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd prolly take $5 mil for me to quit working, at least full-time. There would be a lot of golf in my future if that ever happened. A lot of bad golf.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Fruit Fly, right?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not far off in the logic. Think banana.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I've won $1,000 on scratchoffs twice and 500 on a scratchoff once and 500 on Powerball once. I am one of those who play Powerball every week (2 tickets with the powerplay option). And I, like someone above, agree that it's comical the people that won't play when its 20 million. That is more money that I'll ever earn and if the six balls fall right...

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My wife won $3,000 when she was in college. There was a minor uproar (in town, not among the lottery folks) because my wife's mother sold her the winning ticket. As if my mother-in-law knew ... and if she did, she would have kept it to herself.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Won $200 from a Birmingham radio station once. That's about it.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

I won $50 a couple of times. My sicko sister gave me one of those fake winners and I lost my mind too. She had mixed them up with some real lottery tickets and I had won on a few of those so it was a great gag.
    I definitely wanted to kick her ass because I started thinking about all the things I could do with the loot. If you get the chance to pull it on someone, do it. The reaction from joy to saddness is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

As lame as this is, when I was a little kid, I once bought a Sprite at a gas station, twisted off the cap, won a free Sprite, went in, redeemed my cap, rinse, repeat a few times, and ended up with four Sprites and one cap. I somehow avoided diabetes, though.

11. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Also, I got a bunch of $1 scratch-off tickets for my birthday one year and misunderstood the rules and thought I had won at least $25 on each of my 10 or so tickets. It was a blackjack game, and instead of winning if you beat the dealer, you had to PUSH with the dealer to win. I won like $2 on $10 worth of tickets. That sucked.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'd have to actually buy a ticket to win. I have nothing against the lottery, but with pay at the pump, I have to go out of my way to buy a ticket.

Draft saved Draft deleted