1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever slept with a girl you met on the internet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 20, 2006.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I tried.

Ended up as the star of a Dateline NBC investigation.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The woman I've been seeing for four months now I met through, of all places, Yahoo personals. I tend to be a shy person in public/social kinds of situations, like parties and bars, so this was a way for me to meet someone one-on-one. You can decide really quickly whether or not it's someone you want to see again.

And before the woman I'm seeing now, the previous three women I slept with were through the Internet as well. Some people shy away from it because they choose to focus on the horror stories. But that's like avoiding a blind date because a friend of a friend went out on a date with a man hwo had a third hand growing out of his forehead.

"Wanna shake?"

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Spnord

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That might be the best LTTE I've ever read. Excellent.

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I have.... and I married that lovely woman.

6. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

The woman who wrote the letter to the editor?

7. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Damn right...

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i wish the internet had been around before i started dating the woman who's now my wife. this probably isn't something i would admit anywhere other than a quasi-anonymous message board  but one of my regrets is that i didn't sleep with more women before getting married.

don't get me wrong -- i'm not a pig. i am married to an incredible woman who i love with all my soul. we have a great marriage. i never imagined that married life would be this good. i would never dream of getting something on the side. ever.

but i was socially awkward at meeting women so i'm sure the internet would have helped a lot because of the obvious reasons -- getting to know the person a little before talking. and just like someone posted above, i'm sure i would have had successes and failures -- sometimes no chemistry when we met in person and sometimes it would've been great. even into my early 20s,i was completely inept at meeting women in social settings. i'm glad i met my wife through work -- and that initially, she was the one who came after me before i woke up and realized what she was up to.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I have, too ... and I'm going to marry that lovely woman someday.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If you were born after 1985, the Internet-meeting thing is kind of cool. I mean, shit, these kids got the 'Net when they were in grade school.

If you were born beforehand, not so much.

Just an observation based on this thread.

And, leo, I'm in my late 20s, and I still have a hard time in the social settings. I don't think it's an age thing, necessarily.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Met my wife through Internet personals.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Playoff Beard may have something to say about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted