1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever slept with a girl you met on the internet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 20, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Lets just say that a jackass TV sports guy in my state learned that one the hard way when his profile (turned on by skinny dipping!) zoomed across the newsrooms of said state in record time.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Oh, I'd never put you two in the same category as Mariotti... that would just be cruel!

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

OK, let me ask this: if you are a high-profile figure, don't you owe it to your newspaper or TV station to lay low and not post on Match.com or another dating Web site?

I mean, someone's gonna recognize you, and nothing good can come from Mr. Star TV Anchor listing his turn-ons for everyone to see. Right?

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

If you work for a highly visible sports section, don't you owe it to your employers not to blog about blow jobs?

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It falls under the heading of sense, common, if you ask me.

6. Baloo

Baloo Member

That's what I thought. And maybe that guy deserved it, but it seems like even if the personal-ad poster was sincere, he/she would be torn to shreds by fellow reporters/radio morons/team covered if it was a beat writer. I imagine it'd be worse if the person was a columnist.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

A MLB beat-writer buddy of mine got an email with a link to a colleague's Match.com profile, complete with photos of him posing with various MLB players.

The sender? His embittered ex-wife, who CC'd the email to everyone the guy knew -- friends, family, co-workers, colleagues.

Embarrassing to say the least.

8. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

to the curious, I can't tell you who it is. she'd kill me. but it happened.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Actually, one of my matches from Yahoo personals, a woman whom I emaled, does indeed work here. But why should I be embarassed by it?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe it was oral sex in general -- but carry on.

11. KP

KP Active Member

She probably wants to kill you now for saying you slept with someone from here.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Was it Sandy?

Draft saved Draft deleted