1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever slept with a girl you met on the internet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 20, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

and you didn't call him back... so <i>that's</i> why dyepack hates designers... it all makes sense now

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

How pathetic is it that I will no doubt spend quite a bit of time wondering which two people I don't know and will probably never meet slept together?

3. Baloo

Baloo Member

Here’s a question for those who’ve posted their profile on match, yahoo, etc: Do you ever worry someone you work with will come across your profile?

If a beat person working for a major metro put up a profile on an internet personals site, it seems the odds would be someone would recognize the name/photo, and it would get around pretty quickly, including to local radio station sports talk shows, and the team he/she covers. Not saying the writer couldn’t do his job, just that it could get nasty.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think "who is 21?" is no longer this board's version of the "You're So Vain" mystery.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Maybe the title of the thread should be changed to: "Have you ever slept with a girl you met on SportsJournalists.com?"

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

In answer to the original question, yes.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Before anyone shouts LINK PLEASE

Here's the night in question
    http://www.thekoala.org/Pics/datewithdoll

:D

8. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Piss off, Modaho...

I prefer blondes.

9. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

I never tried to meet chicks online, but I can see where journalists like it as it plays to their strength. If you're a writer and you can't get play online, you probably ain't much of a writer.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

That was my polite way of saying men should quick being fucking pansies.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'd agree, Cadet, but some of us guys see how idiotic others act trying to pick up women. If I EVER get confused with those types of my gender, don't even ask me what I'm doing. Just get a gun and shoot me.

I know there's a fine line there between confidence and arrogance ... but I haven't found it and would MUCH rather err on the side of caution in the process.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Cadet, with all due respect, there is a big difference between being a "fucking pansy" (or "fucking fag," as Ozzie would say) and the conversation Leo and I were having. That's my opinion, anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted