1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever heard your woman pass gas? To the women: Why hide it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, May 25, 2007.

1. I just realized today that I've only heard the wife fart once in the seven years we've been together. And that's while she was sleeping.

If not for my toddler daughter unleashing thunderous rumblings every thirty minutes - forcing my wife to question whether it was me, the kid or a baby elephant - I would think women were not prone to flatulate.

My wife, the Southern belle, just doesn't believe it ladylike to unleash around others.

I don't get it, nor do I think it's healthy.

2. KG

KG Active Member

I'm even cautious when I potty in a public restroom for fear that I might "let one slip." Then again, I'm a Southern belle too.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

She blames the cat, but she rips some boomers...

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, before that person shows, let me clear this one up. Women fart. Period. End of story. The wife and I got over that one a long time ago.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think I have been pretty adamant on a thread before that women don't shit, but I don't think I'd say women don't fart.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, do they stop around puberty....'cause otherwise, I want somebody to explain what the hell that was in my daughter's diapers...

7. KG

KG Active Member

Not in front of our husbands we don't.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I am married to a southern Belle.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yeah, I've gotten past that. I still can't burp, literally, but I have no problems farting in front of Doc. I don't poo around him but it's not like I wait until he's out of the house.

11. No shit (pun intended) ... my wife sneaks out of the room and I'll come looking for her after a while and find the bathroom door closed with the faint hint of lysol in the air.

Add: She's hardly shy or image-conscious about other stuff, just preconditioned, I think.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You folks must be young or fairly new marrieds or something.
    Just wait.

Draft saved Draft deleted