1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have You Ever Had a Stalker?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by typefitter, Nov 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You sure?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Actually, there is a post from yesterday at 8:09 p.m. by Songbird that was deleted by - Songbird. We see a message when a post is deleted that tells us who deleted it.

It is the only post on this thread that has been deleted.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yea

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Neato trick- deleting a post and blaming it on a moderator. I've seen the serial deletor Shortbus do this very thing.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Gosh, forgot about many of these humps who've come back over from SJ Rejects to toss some water balloons and run away. Now I will go back to forgetting them.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ.

The narratives that get spun, that become fact in addled, aggrieved minds... The people defending certain other people have no idea the stuff that's gone on off-board, in PMs, the unhinged emails. Threatening to torpedo someone's career? That's something we do now? That's something that's okay? Yes, he needs your support—but to get real psychological help. I say that as someone who's been to therapy and been on meds, so I'm not casting aspersions or making light. He's not well, and he's not getting any better. And stuff like this, claiming deletions from "on high" when that hasn't happened, doesn't help.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This stuff fucking sucks. Hey @Moderator1, can you delete or at least lock this thread please? Made a mistake starting it. I need to wash my hands of all this stuff and just hope it gets better. Can't have it affecting my real life any more than it already does.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't think I deleted my post. I'll buy if there was a technical glitch but I wouldn't be deleting that post.

9. Songbird

TF, nobody is threatening to torpedo your career or even alluding to such actions.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"This discussion did not turn out to be as universally sycophantic as I had hoped, therefore I would like to pretend it didn't exist."

A person who needs help would be a person who blows out intimate family relationships because it makes for a good byline.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You can always post it again.

12. Songbird

I didn't cut and paste. It was a full-throated defense of YF.

da man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.