1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever been to Anchorage? (Have you ever been to me?)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ok, we've got to hear the story on this.

Did you wake up on a Russian tramp steamer bound for Vladivostok?

2. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

My indoor football team played there in 2008. It was in the summer, and it was weird to go out at 11 p.m. and it was still daylight.

Other than that, great visit. There's a club called the "Bush Company" that I didn't partake, but was a must-see for all the players.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

We unwittingly went to a "juice bar," AKA, a strip club without a liquor license (and, yes, it's every bit as depressing as it sounds). A "juice" cost $40 and was delivered with a grinding from the topless "waitress," who was quick to offer a "smoothie" for an additional $40. We all passed because they were hideous, but to this day, my friends and I refer to BJs as "smoothies."

Oh, and my buddy had his credit card swiped after receiving his orange juice. So he left broke and with a stain on the leg of his pants left behind by the waitress.

Draft saved Draft deleted