1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever been in a fight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Joey took matters into his own hands.

2. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Was wondering if breaking up a fight counted. I've broken up, or attempted to break up, several over the years. The most recent one was about a year ago, when there was a bar fight involving two guys on opposing sides of the political spectrum.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Maybe I have never been in a fight because I have steered clear of bars. Sounds like they are hotbeds of infantile activity :)

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Mine was like yours. In high school, a kid thought I had ratted on him about something he did (I hadn't). He took one shot and gave me a black eye.

5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

My high school coach's son was the starting tailback, and he was kind of a jerk. He was picking on a freshman linebacker during practice and the linebacker pushed him after the play. The head coach, thinking he was going to teach the freshman a lesson, broke out boxing gloves after practice and let them "fight it out."

Freshman linebacker beat the tar out of coach's son. Coach never brought out the boxing gloves after practice again (it was one of his "go-to" moves to settle beefs between teammates).

Ace likes this.
  6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I got into a pissing match with a guy on a message board once and we decided to settle it at Penn Station....

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You really fucked him up.

[​IMG]

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

That was quality :)

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Last time was eighth grade. Little kid who had been trying to bully me for two years started up one day as we were walking in lines back from an assembly and I reared back and decked him. Of course, I got the detention.

But a few days later at football practice, he came up to me acting like I was his best buddy. I said, "fuck you," and walked away. He never approached me again.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I was sucker-punched into a black eye by the real school bully the following summer in a parking lot. And I wasn't about to swing back on that one.)

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Been in several fights, but none since early college.
    I count it as a fight if I just catch a beating, which has happened a few times.

Draft saved Draft deleted