1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have the terrorists won?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Sep 15, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

sorry, I meant putting it on multiple threads...

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Ah-ha, should have known. Yeah I don't know what the hell happened there. Sometimes the mouse in my head takes a cig break.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You're overreacting. Gas prices will start dropping again, according to the prices of unleaded gas futures I've been seeing. Crude oil has dropped to $96 per barrel as the effects of speculators lessen and that should continue. Newspapers will die, but journalism will continue. The electorate is not as polarized as you have been led to believe and the "culture war" is a figment of some idiots' imaginations. (See also: this book.) The leadership problem will be handled in early November. Natural disasters .... get serious. You can't blame those on anybody.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This is the most corrupt administration in North American history,
    in Secretariat-like proportions.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I'm not discounting how corrupt this administration is, but your lack of historical perspective is showing.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hardly. In sheer size (even adjusted for inflation), the degree to which favored insiders/contractors are benefitting from the decisions/laws pushed by Fredo and his legislative cronies is mindboggling. Makes Teapot Dome look like the Mad Hatter and March Hare playing footsie with Alice.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Think about all the wasted time (getting into and out of airports; sorry Ms. 90 year old in the wheelchair, we need you to get up out of the wheelchair and wand you because you are lucky #50 traveler) and wasted resources (Dept. of Homeland Security) in place since '01. Damn right the terrorists won.

Draft saved Draft deleted