1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have fun flying this summer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 19, 2016.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Hartsfield in Atlanta is even more of a shitshow than it usually is. I can usually get through security in about 30-45 minutes. Took me a full two hours getting on a flight two weeks ago.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Atlanta -- like Midway (Vegas is another one) -- where the entire airport enters through one security checkpoint. Hate airports like that.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Flew out of LAX on the weekend and it was fine.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I thought I had a good trick for this, going in through the international terminal secruity checkpoint and working my way back to domestic. That secret, it seems, is out.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Have to go to a wedding in Columbus this summer. Thinking of driving the 500 or so miles because flying is such a ginormous pain in the ass.
    Plus, I can take my dog.

I miss a lot about my wild and crazy writing days. I don't miss the travel. It's fun for a while and then suddenly you realize it really isn't.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Terorrists could get more damage done blowing up one of those lines than blowing up a plane. Nice job, TSA.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Thank you, Allegiant, for starting flights in my town to Fort Lauderdale. I can use the tiny regional airport much closer to me (and whose only commercial airline is Allegiant). Already starting to dread having to go to the "real" airport this fall.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's been more than 20 years since I flew out of Midway. I see it still looks like an old, extra-large Kmart.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You do realize that Allegiant is known far-and-wide as America's worst airline?

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Google Allegiant safety record. FWIW a lot of the employees on an industry message board I frequent won't put their family on them.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You get what you pay for. I fly them now and then but unless it is considerably cheaper I avoid them.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

No problems at all on my JFK-LAX-JFX round trip last week.

Draft saved Draft deleted