1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have fun flying this summer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 19, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

TSA lines at ORD and MDW have been crazy lately.

Has anyone flown recently? How were the security lines?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Chicago appears to the be worst case, as it often is when the subject is air travel. Last flew in January. Picked up and dropped off a bunch of relatives at Logan a few weeks ago, and none complained about 'em. Boston lines can be bad, but not so bad as others because Logan is nobody's hub, so the passengers are more equally spread out among the terminals.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

TSA PreCheck was the best $80 I'll spend all year. #Knownflier rocks!

CD Boogie and YankeeFan like this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I flew out of Laguardia, JFK, New Orleans, Atlanta and fort Myers, Florida all in the last month and the lines were fine and moved quickly

5. Michael_ Gee

If you upgrade to the wider seat rows on JetBlue (the airline I use most and Boston's biggest), PreCheck comes with. It's a good thing.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's a fluid situation. Call ahead to your airline.

Etc. Etc.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My friend flew out of ORD yesterday afternoon. She has PreCheck and was through security in less than 5 minutes.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heard some horror stories about CLT. Even heard about six-hour lines to sign up for PreCheck if you didn't make an appointment.

9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I flew out of Columbus and Orange County last November. Waited less than 15 minutes through both TSA checkpoints.

10. Michael_ Gee

We looked into the international equivalent of PreCheck for our upcoming trip to France. It's a six-MONTH wait for an appointment at Logan to get it.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Precheck was my greatest discovery for 2015. It would be great if I used airports generally busier than Manhattan, Kansas City and Wichita and Montgomery.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Wife flew out of St. Louis yesterday and said it was easy and quick, even in the middle of the afternoon. Connection in Salt Lake City was the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted