1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hattrick - online soccer game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lollygaggers, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

Anyone else on here play the online game Hattrick? I found it a couple of months ago and have been addicted to it since. It's kind of like fantasy soccer, but it's fictional players and global (almost 900,000 people playing worldwide). It's been a blast so far, just was curious who else has tried it.

Here's the link: http://hattrick.org/

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I just joined ... seems kind of cool. These exist for other sports?

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I played Hattrick for years, I think I still have a team but not very active. I once got as high as Division IV in the USA league and trained a U-20 national teamer.

They have these for every sport you could imagine.

Battrick.org is a great one for cricket
    Footballidentity.org is one that's starting up where you play an individual player rather than a team. The game engine is a blast.

Dolphinsim.com is slightly different, and it's not free, but it's fantastic. Instead of global, it focuses on self-contained leagues (so you compete against 31 other GM/managers in a pro football league), and the realism and strategic depth of the games are hard to beat.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

There was an online music business game that I loved years ago. You created an artist, started off releasing singles and the more records you sold the more money you had to tour and then make albums etc. It was one of the first things I checked every morning, I had to see how my new release was doing in Australia or wherever. Addictive stuff, but I think it disappeared a while ago.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Can the members of this board create a league open to only fellow board members?

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I just signed up. Seems absurdly complex, but will probably be less so once I figure out what I'm doing.

7. Simon

Simon Active Member

Simyard.com used to be a great baseball sim until the owner decided to not take care of it anymore. It's still good for "free" park play.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm in too. Not a huge soccer fan but it looks like fun.

9. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

Signed up as well

10. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

It's totally over my head, but I'm having a blast.

11. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

Goal Line Blitz is one for the NFL fans.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Signed up for this too, looks like a lot of fun.

Is there a good baseball one out there?

Draft saved Draft deleted