1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hating the mission but supporting the troops

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lamar Mundane, May 5, 2007.

1. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

How unpatriotic to not support the Commander in Chief during a time of war.

1. during a speech on the floor of the U.S. Senate
    "Domestic terrorism is not a cause we have to fight or a project we need to fund. We are not interested in capturing bin Laden. Even though he has been offered to us. We are not the world's policemen. It's not our job to clean up other countries messes or arrest it's bad guys."

2. "You can support the troops but not the president."

3. "Well, I just think it's a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years."--

4. "Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?"-

5. "[The] President . . . is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be away from home. These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy."--

6. American foreign policy is now one huge big mystery. Simply put, the administration is trying to lead the world with a feel-good foreign policy."--

7. "If we are going to commit American troops, we must be certain they have a clear mission, an achievable goal and an exit strategy."

8. "I had doubts about the bombing campaign from the beginning . . I didn't think we had done enough in the diplomatic area."--

9. "I cannot support a failed foreign policy. History teaches us that it is often easier to make war than peace. This administration is just learning that lesson right now. The President began this mission with very vague objectives and lots of unanswered questions. A month later, these questions are still unanswered. There are no clarified rules of engagement. There is no timetable. There is no legitimate definition of victory. There is no contingency plan for mission creep. There is no clear funding program. There is no agenda to bolster our over-extended military. There is no explanation defining what vital national interests are at stake. There was no strategic plan for war when the President started this thing, and there still is no plan today"--

10. "Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."--

1. KY's Senior Senator Mitch McConnell
    2. Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)
    3. Joe Scarborough (R-FL)
    4. Hannity
    5. Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)"
    6. Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)
    7.Karen Hughes, speaking on behalf of George W Bush
    8. Senator Trent Lott (R-MS)
    9. Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)
    10. Governor George W. Bush (R)-TX

Bosnia ended w/o a single lost American life and an evil man behind bars with Clinton ending genocide. Meanwhile, McCain talks about the possibility of Iraqi genocide if we pull out w/o the decency to demand action to stop genocide in Darfur.

Who with a conscious votes for these people? At least one will be behind bars.

The Dems offered an exit strategy for Iraq? What's the GOP's? An

And why did they hate America/the Troops before they used them to score political points. Time to sign or up shut up Keyboard Conservatives!!
  2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I want to know why GW doesn't love America, and why he vetoed a bill to fund the troops? What's up with that?
  3. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Exactly what I thought.

The cricket chorus continues.
  4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Perhaps the "cricket chorus" is too dumbfounded by the lack of reasoning and clear thought in your first post to respond.

That, or they recognize it for the baiting, argument-mongering drivel it is.
  5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

What does this say other than that, political affiliation aside, most everyone sees this "war" as a poorly conceived plan? You print the truth, and few will respond.
  6. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

If that's not clear enough for you, then:

WMD stockpiles were found in Iraq.

Saddam sought Yellowcake Uranium from Niger.

Slam Dunk.

Mission Accomplished.

Last Throes.

Elections will turn the tide.

We'll have 5 Iraqi Brigades ready to stand up by Dec. 2005.
  7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

What, pray tell, is your point?
  8. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Take one guess.
  9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

10. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

3BF, correct me if I'm wrong but you said you don't follow politics but you always seem to post on political threads.

Did it bother you when the GOP withdrew funding and put a "deadline for defeat" for the Bosnia mission?

Exit strategies, only for when there's a deficit-cutting, genocide-stopping Democrat in the White House?
  11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Do you even like sports? HAve you ever posted about it? Did you author the rant above, or is there a cite missing?
  12. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Your misdirection and slight-of-hands Jedi mind tricks won't work on me, you weak-minded fool.

If you want to defend the hypocrites, this is your forum. If not, C yourself out of this conversation.
Draft saved Draft deleted