1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hatfields and McCoys (History Channel)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, May 27, 2012.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I just watched it and thought it was pretty good. I don't think Bill Paxton's fake accent has improved any since Next of Kin. How friggin terrible would it have been to have lived then? Bad I think.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The History Channel deserves props for 'The Universe.'
    Used to be the best show on TV.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I'll watch "Pawn Stars," every once in awhile when I get tired of the L&O: SUV or NCIS reruns my wife watches. Rick (the old guy's son who runs the show) is OK, and they'll periodically get something unusual come that piques the interest.

"American Pickers," is all right, although I'd like to see less of the two goobs in the van and more of the good-looking brunette with all the tats and the big titties.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Seconded.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Rick is fine, and so is his son. It's Rick's father and the lump who annoy me.

6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Love, LOVE, LOVE "The Universe." They still do new shows on H2.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Really? I thought it only ran through last year.
    Great show.

8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

They had one recently on parallel universes that just blew my mind. The possibilities of string theory, infinite parallel universes -- universes essentially reincarnating themselves by burning out and big-banging all over again -- and perhaps again and again and again.

I didn't sleep much that night. I was mesmerized by just how significant/insignificant -- the randomness of it all -- we all are.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We just finished the first episode. I thought it covered a lot of ground too quickly. They could have filled in some gaps a little better and done explained some relationships along the way. We had to stop the DVR every so often and figure out who was who.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes and yes.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

As previously noted, if I walked in there with a piece and drew Corey, I'd walk right out. The fat load's a predatory negotiator who frankly preys on the desperate, and the ensuing conversation would likely be nasty, brutish and short.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Second Episode wasn't as "HOLY SHIT" worthy as Episode 1. Still very well done. The execution scene was pretty intense.

Draft saved Draft deleted