1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hate the party in power? Send a severed foot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, May 29, 2012.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Hearing this is the first time someone has been extradited from Germany to Canada since the treaty was ratified in 1979.

2. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Nice of them to put it to good use.

3. Herbert Anchovy

I'd just like to know why most of the reporting of this story keeps referring to the little maniac by one of his many pseuds.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

My understanding is that it's his actual legal name now, but I could be wrong about that.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I said this on the guy serving up his penis thread.......I draw the line at toes.

6. Herbert Anchovy

You're right, Double J.

How did such a skinny little runt perpetrate the physicality and brutality of all this by himself? Dude probably weighs 125 pounds soaking wet.

Latest is that his knees are knocking in the German prison. Hope nothing bad happens.

7. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

His knees should be knocking. Wouldn't be surprised if he wound up dying in one of those mysterious prison "accidents".

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

The front page of this commuter daily was created by someone who's either really, really clever or really, really stupid.

[​IMG]

I wonder if heads will roll over this. :D ;D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Probably not. They're probably enjoying the extra eyes right now. I'm sure someone will get a talking to, but I don't think they'll get axed. It wasn't libelous, it was just in poor taste. Sunmedia has made it their business platform, others are just embarrassed when they slip into it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Double J

Double J Active Member

The Metro commuter papers are owned by Torstar, not Sun Media.

And my "heads will roll" line was intended as a pun. I know no one will get fired over it.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I know they are not SunMedia, which was my point. Just trying to point out that for SunMedia these types of things are common practice, for everyone else (like PostMedia, Torstar, etc) it is embarrassing when it happens, paginator will probably get spoken to, but that would be it.

And then I missed the pun :D

12. Herbert Anchovy

Stop running old glamor shots of this guy. All outlets. Even trash media like Metro.

One black-and-white mug (cropping out his little tanktop) will suffice.

It honestly seems like his entire modeling portfolio has been used.

Draft saved Draft deleted