1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has The Price Of Gas Changed Your Habits?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Apr 24, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I paid $55.99 for gas today.

I was telling IJAG I remember when I refused to pay $30 to fill up my gas tank. I could top off at $29.99 and almost fill it up.

Then that became impossible, and pretty soon I was determined not to top $40. That didn't last long. Then I was determined not to top $50. Now I'm expecting to top $60 next time I fill up.

So yeah, it's changed my habits.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Get a smaller car, douche!

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why don't you fuck off and start walking, bitch!

4. imjustagirl

Because I hate the environment?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

To be fair, the environment isn't exactly in love with you, either.

6. imjustagirl

I don't know why it wouldn't be. I give it all kinds of gifts: I throw styrofoam on the ground right next to where I throw the uncut plastic rings around my soda cans.

7. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

When I bought my dependable little foreign car about seven years ago, I could be on empty and fill it up for $12. Today, it had a quarter of a tank left and cost me $32 to fill. So yeah, we've cut down on our little Sunday afternoon jaunts out in the country.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

The little fishies who strangle themselves on the plastic rings say fuck you too!

9. imjustagirl

I thought it was ducks or something. I like fish!

10. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I scream this fact at the top of my lungs every time I see a piece on local TV and hear someone saying "Well, Europe pays $XX dollars more than us!"

Some countries are the size of some states, so you fill up once a month. Most countries have reliable, efficient, feasible public transit. Hell, you can take the train through three countries in a day.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

What is it you hate about freedom?

Seriously, that might be the most assinine post I've ever read.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One of the main things, Hell the only thing, I hate about living here is the lack of public transportation.

Draft saved Draft deleted