1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has Mike Myers run out of ideas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by friend of a friend, Feb 29, 2008.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Speaking of worst trailers...you guys gots to see this. Epic.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This guy is rolling out this tripe, but BYH is bashing Shyamalan?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When you see the movie, you'll get the joke.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll report back then, fine sir.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Myers didn't slip into M. Night Shamalamadingdong-type pretentiousness until he tried turning "The Love Guru" into some sort of deep philosophical study on laughter and family (or some crap).

And while I like Myers, I haven't seen a movie of his since Austin Powers. I won't argue he lost his fastball a long time ago.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Has Mike Myers run out of ideas? You ask this after he does three Austin Powers movies, two Wayne's World movies, and is set to voice a fourth Shrek movie?

Guy has done NOTHING original since 2001.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck you! He did The Cat In The Hat! And backed out of a Dieter movie! Those are original ideas!

He's got more original ideas in his finger than you do in your whole body!!!!!!

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Guess what, dummy -- Dr. Seuss wrote Cat in the Hat in 1847!!!!!!

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

You are full of shit! There's never been a Dr. Seuss!

And anyway, I hear Myers' next movie is about green eggs and ham. BRILLIANT!!!!

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The guy never had a fastball. He was a good sketch comic.
    The rest of it is junk.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I watched parts of the SNL special on Sunday night. Surprisingly, most of "The Best of Mike Myers" doesn't hold up. And the bumpers in between the sketches with the new cast members were just painful. Another thing that struck me while they showed Wayne's World bits was that you never see Dana Carvey doing anything with MM, other than the WW movies. Lends some credence to DC not being a friend.

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Speaking of Dana Carvey, anyone see his HBO Special over the weekend? Talk about losing your fastball ... I don't think I laughed once.

Draft saved Draft deleted