1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has Mike Myers run out of ideas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by friend of a friend, Feb 29, 2008.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Even Ben Foster? That dude is great in everything.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Entertainment Weekly puts the hurt on Myers. http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20192175_20192181_20206354,00.html?iid=top25-20080616-Mike+Myers%3A+Man+of+mystery

Surprised they didn't realize the plot of The Love Guru seems awfully similar to "The Guru." Added kick to the gut, The Love Guru gets only 4 percent of comedy people are most excited to see, well back of "Get Smart" which also opens Friday.
    I anticipate he will be seeking a new publicist.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

nancy travis = superhot at any age. just saw her again last night in that movie with richard gere/andy garcia. mmm-mmmm-mmmmm. 8)

justin timberlake and EVERYONE in "alpha dig" was sensational. a great, great, GREAT flick. 8) 8) 8)

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow. There's some hard-core dislike in that story. I had no idea Myers was such a nut.

I didn't understand, though, how Myers was interviewed by EW yet also declined an interview for that story. I guess the story changed mid-stream once the writers/researchers found out just how despised he is in Hollywood.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

This is getting the "Deluxe Edition" treatment on DVD. Comes out tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh boy I hope "Deluxe Edition" means "now with more nudity!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never seen that entire movie. Am I missing out?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What!?!

What's wrong with you? Do you have a head like Sputnik? Is it spherical but quite pointy at parts?

(Now that was offside, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight ... on his huge pillow.)

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

This is one of the worst trailers in the history of cinema.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Thanks to you, I'll have enough tears to cry on all of my pillows -- big and small.

I've been catching up on my movies recently. I'll get to this one eventually.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The quotes they had in the story came from back in April. He declined the most recent interview request.

12. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I'd bet that he's a pretty tortured soul. Over the years I've seen him in our neighbourhood, low-profiling and, truth be told, looking pretty miserable. (No substance abuse though. Maybe a little would help.) Complete contrast to the guy who showed up at Leaf fans like Wayne and chatted up fans. I guess a marriage bust-up would have something to do with it. What I find really stange is that every interview--every interview--comes back to his father, who has been dead lo these many years. He talks about his death like it happened yesterday. Always cites him as the big influence in his career (love of British spy movies, among other things.) Maybe he has run through all of his father's influences. A few weeks back I spotted him in his first role (as Michael Myers) on the King of Kensington--about age 10. I doubt he has run out of ideas ... I just wonder if he has run out of chances.

YD&OHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted