1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has it really been 12 years since the OKC bombing?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 19, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Wow. This is fascinating.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Why would I want to go to a memorial of the OK Corrall?

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The displays from some of the rooms/offices is tough to comprehend. For instance, there was a room with a lady having a meeting with six other women or so. The floor collapsed, except for the small spot where the one woman was seated. Everyone died, but said woman sustained only minor injuries.

And in an office break room, books and other debris were thrown around, but a coffee pot remained completely full and undisturbed.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

You might learn something.

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Those stories are all incredible, and make you marvel at how fragile it all is.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Wow. In some ways it seems like over a decade, in other ways it seems like just a couple of years.

I was 15 and it happened over spring break. We didn't have cable so I watched the CBS coverage. I don't think I ever really got just how devestating it was. I don't think I ever really got a national tragedy until Columbine. And then 9/11. And then Katrina. And now VT.

But it was the first time in my life that I realized how things could spin out of control in one instant.

Minor rant here. I don't think the body count really matters anymore. There is a ton of crazy shit going on here and no one has an answer. It seems like every day something more and more terrible is happening. It's so weird. Thirty-three people dead in Virginia in one day. Hundreds in Iraq die in a couple day.

It's just so amazing how many lives can be changed by one or two people.

It's all just water off of our backs now. Like someone posted before, this will be moved to the back of America's mind in a few months.

Maybe this is affecting me much more than I think.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If I ever get to the Southwest, I want to visit the memorial. Just because.

Draft saved Draft deleted