1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has it really been 12 years since the OKC bombing?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 19, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I was working in Terre Haute when they executed him (my feeling the the death penalty are fairly well-known, so I'm not going there). The first execution date completely turned a fairly small town into a zoo, then they postponed the execution b/c the FBI (or somebody) had withheld evidence, and we had to go through it again.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Timothy McVeigh's main problem was that he was scarred for life when, as a youngster, someone on the radio called him military-cut having member of the master race......

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's a fucking shame some of you can't keep from ruining this thread.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I whole-heartedly agree. There are a lot of morons on this site and I don't think we have to say their names. They're just known.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I can still remember the exact corner I turned on my run that day when I heard on my walkman about the bombing. Like I remember where I was driving back from work the morning of the Challenger disaster.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My wife and I went to the OKC Memorial back in February. It's a difficult place to walk through. Very, very depressing, but definitely worth the visit. The field of chairs is breathtaking at night, and the reflecting pool is neat too.

The area where they have memorials to those who died is depressing as hell, especially because there are plenty of kids and some people who have no memorabilia in their little cubes. The sound of heart-breaking version of "Amazing Grace" doesn't help.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's the part that got me when I visited.

8. zagoshe

Um, the fact that you wrote this proves you view women as some sort of lesser creature, who are only on this earth for men's pleasure, who are merely sexual objects.

I think sexist attitudes like yours should be punished. You are sexist pig, worse than Imus.

Where are the president and vice president of the politically correct thought gestapo, Fenian and Sportschick, when you need them...

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Go the fuck away. Please.

11. zagoshe

Go fuck myself? Well now you are proving to be a bigot as well because you obviously assume all black men are sexually promiscuous and need sex to prove our manhood and/or deal with our problems.

I don't see you telling white people to go get laid.

You keep this up and you are clearly going to have have your membership card in the "whiny bitch bed wetting liberal" society revoked.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Please keep the shit out of this thread. Jeez.

Draft saved Draft deleted