1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has it really been 12 years since the OKC bombing?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 19, 2007.

1. audreyld

audreyld Guest

First, not a guy.
    Second, I'm a photographer, and we're commonly called "shooters."
    Third, I remember where I was, what I was doing, and how it sounded when McVeigh killed people in my hometown, and I don't think it's too much to ask for a little civility.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Score one for you.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

All of these things that have happened over the years are terrible. But one question for all of you: Do you feel any safer, knowing all the knowledge that those who are supposed to protect you have or have not learned, after all said tragedies?

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Depends on where you live.

We (used to) ban AR-15's and AKs because they have a pistol grip and are "mean" looking. Yet a foreign national with a green card and a kook rap sheet longer than Hinckley's can buy a freaking Glock.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

:D

I was 9 when this happened, so I don't remember much. All I remember is asking my grandparents why someone would want to do something like that.

And the song Garth Brooks came out about it still gets to me every time I hear it.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The photo of the firefighter holding the baby ...

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Shooter is a mean-spirited and hateful word used by the NRA. You should be ashamed.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're a fucking moron. And a troll.

9. zagoshe

Moron and troll are mean-spirited, hurtful and hateful words. You are clearly a bigotted hate monger. You should be fired.

Where's Jesse when you need him? Keep hope alive....keep hope alive

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Jesus, would you please stop shitting on each and every thread you post on? Do you enjoy acting like a spoiled 12-year-old?

Grow up and act like an adult. Maybe then we wouldn't all think you're a troll.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

While I generally favor the death penalty, I do think it was a mistake to execute Timothy McVeigh. He's the one person who, I assume, knows what really happened that day.

And I hope it doesn't transport me into Art Bell territory to say that I still don't think we have the straight story.

12. zagoshe

Ok sportschick, because you said so and you are so cool.

Draft saved Draft deleted