1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has ESPN finally woken up?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 30, 2008.

1. The Granny

The Granny Guest

You weren't?

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I, for one, don't mind Little League being shown. It's only the U.S. regionals and then the LLWS. Takes up about two weeks in August. Not that big a deal.

Better that than the 175th episode of NFL Live during the OFFSEASON. ::)

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but you would watch a bunch of blind squirrels playing baseball :)

The NFL has an offseason?

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Re: CFL, if we wanted to watch minor league football, we could go see the Arena Football League.

I could see devoting resources to the CFL when it had teams in American cities such as San Antonio, Sacramento or Baltimore. However, I wouldn't support doing so now, at least not in areas that aren't near the Canadian border. And this is from someone who likes CFL football and watched the Stallions when they were based at Memorial Stadium.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

There's no badmouthing Denise Austin in this thread, now is there?

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I think college baseball could do well with today's sports fans. The ping of the bat, more runs than your average American League slugfest, and some teams who don't try to hate their hate for each other.

Plus, I love college baseball and would love to see more of it on TV.

7. good college baseball is really good stuff, even if i wish they went to wooden bats. omaha time is must-see tv.

bad college baseball, though, especially played by two northern schools who play about 30 games per year, sucks. sorry, it does.

the cfl is entertaining. much better than the arena league, forever_town.

i remember the days of busch races/week-old cup races/australian rules on saturday mornings and denise austin and body by jake on weekdays. fun times.

8. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

No more "Junction Boys"? Damn.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I acknowledged how entertaining the CFL is. However, without a rooting stake (and I'm sure as FUCK am not going to root for Montreal), I have minimal interest in the CFL.

If the Alouettes stayed in Baltimore as the Stallions, I'd be keenly interested in the league.

Draft saved Draft deleted