1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has ESPN finally woken up?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 30, 2008.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

My On Demand T.V. guide doesn't list it being on tonight. Go figure...

But, hey, I get to watch it so I'm happy.

2. Maybe because the game wasn't scheduled until yesterday?

Pick up a newspaper, Kevin. They are filled with useful information.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

It wouldn't be the first time either MLB, NFL or whoever pulled off some stupid stunt and didn't air an important game. And, I actaully did pick up today's paper, friend, but I turned to the news and business section because I didn't care to read the sports section today.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

National television. But, I'll leave this argument for the baseball thread.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The 1940s.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You have got to be high, or something.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Perhaps if they bought into the league, like with arena football? They seem to be on different points of the same arc, at least in terms of popularity (MLL has no presence outside of the people who go to the games, but there's a good number of them, from what I've seen). They're on the track to doing that with their increasing emphasis on college lax, but they'll probably want to invest in that more to strengthen the possibility of casual college fans moving over to the pro sport. As a casual college lax fan myself, I could see doing that.

8. Fixed

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think there is a fanbase outside the cities MLL plays in. I think it's a question of building college lax coverage, then transitioning that through the MLL draft and into the regular season.

The other part of the key is showing games live, not tape-delayed as they do now. I think their only live game this season was the All-Star game. Maybe make Tuesday night MLL night on ESPN2, like Thursday night is for MLS?

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The NFL? Every one of its games is televised nationally.

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I vote "or something."

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I hate when the Super Bowl is only shown in the participants' cities.

Draft saved Draft deleted