1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone ever tried selling bumper stickers?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Aug 5, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

God knows the kind of abuse I'm inviting here for cooking up something that sounds like a Cosmo Kramer subplot, but here goes:

I have an idea for a bumper sticker, nothing Earth-shattering but I think it might fit a niche here locally and sell 1000+. Has anyone ever tried this, either through a print shop or through CafePress? No copyrights or trademarks should come into play (with one possible exception, which I am checking on), so my main expense would be printing costs.

2. jps

jps Active Member

cafepress, I believe, is no charge to you ... least the way I understand it. long as you can market it locally somehow to get them to the site. but if you do it through a local place you might have more initial costs yet get a bigger return because you're not sharing the profits.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I hear there's a guy down in Greenbow who can help you out. He's supposed to be some marketing genius and should be sliding through your town soon.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Selling bumper stickers? That's a silly idea. Get back to me when you're peddling a roll-out tie dispenser. That's where the big money is.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

My buddies and I used to be in a barbershop quartet, and we once recorded a hit single.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

"W -- 4 more years, dammit" is already taken if that's where you're going, dix.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I was Mr. Plow.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If The Flintstones has taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No good advice about bumper stickers. But I'm sure someone on here has a child who is an honor student at their school and can help you. Have a nice day.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Corsets! Future's in corsets!

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Tomorrow you will be contacted by 10 parents whose children work just as hard as the honor students but don't get the credit they deserve.

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Forget bumper stickers. Just go with a decal of Calvin pissing on something, an honor student maybe.

Draft saved Draft deleted