1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone been watching Happy Town?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, May 13, 2010.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

I was thinking of picking up with the series on Hulu so I can watch it when I have some free time here or there. Not sure if anyone's seen it. The commercials piqued my interest and reviews are mixed.

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Don't get too attached. In June, ABC is burning off the last few episodes that were shot and then it's getting axed.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

Well, that settles that then. Thanks.

Reminds me of Day Break, another failed ABC short-run series that was entirely based on finishing out its episodes for any kind of payoff.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There was a murder series called Harper's Island on last year. This mirrored the plotline almost exactly.

6. NDub

NDub Guest

I watched the first two episodes and it was alright. I planned to watch last night but got busy with Tigers-Yankees and didn't realize it was 10:30. So I'll have to watch online. If that episode was good enough, then I'll probably stick around for the final five before the ax.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

It's amazing to me that networks through a series like this in midseason and then when it doesn't succeed, they ditch it within a few episodes. I thought it was pretty good (not great) and was hoping to see how it would develop. Oh well.

Draft saved Draft deleted