1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone been contacted by ESPN?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hoopsfan23, May 30, 2007.

1. IU90

IU90 Member

Answer: f) none of the above. The proper spelling is "boo yah". This officially proves that I am ESPN material.

2. timesup

timesup New Member

I interviewed for a Prodcution Assistant trainee job a few years back. I had to make the trip from Memphis to Bristol on my own bill, but I couldn't pass up the chance. They gave me the tour and sat me down for the test. The guy told me I was an A- on my sports knowledge, that he thought I could work there and when my application came up they would call me (apparently they file the resume and go to the next in line when they need a new PA trainee). He told me to e-mail him from time to time. I never heard back from him. He never replied to any of my e-mails. My guess is he didn't want to turn me down after I made the trip all the way to Bristol. I was pretty pissed, but I did get a tour of ESPN. I should've brought my camera.

3. IU90

IU90 Member

And how was it? I'm sure it was every bit the goofy bizarre happy-go-lucky place we see in those commercial spoofs.

4. timesup

timesup New Member

The Sportscenter desk is smaller that I thought, most of the anchors work in cubicles and Stuart Scott hass a fluff room for all his guests before their "hard-hitting" interviews. Other than that it's just a large studio.

5. donaugust

donaugust Member

I interviewed for an agate job that included a general knowledge test, in which I misspelled Galarraga. Still got the job, though.

6. I would have just spelled Galarraga B-I-G C-A-T. I'd had no clue how to spell his real name.

7. Hoopsfan23

Hoopsfan23 New Member

Yeah man I was in the same boat. I applied to several ESPN openings and the contacted me twice to take tests. I didn't get either position but it was pretty sweet to be contacted by them.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

What is the phonetic spelling? We need it for the TelePrompter!

Draft saved Draft deleted