1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has any city in the last 40 years been punched in the stomach more than...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 14, 2010.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I remember the hilarity that was the charm offensive the Browns tried with Belichick after his first year proved he had the personality of a rock.

I think it was Channel 8 or Channel 5 that did a half-hour special on the "real" Belichick.

He loved Bon Jovi! He loved rock 'n roll! He loved his kids! He did the obligatory interview in his home with the loving wife! He did, well ... lots of forced smiles during interviews!

It was unintentional humor at its finest, complete with Belichick attempting to emote about the loves in his life.

Here's a taste. This is God awful on a lot of levels.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was ready to thank you for that video, since it let me see Brian Brennan again (best third-down receiver of the late 80s, I'm telling you) but then there was slow-motion footage of Belichick and Art Modell together and I projectile vomited all over my coffee table.

3. imjustagirl

I just got further into the video. A character reference from KEVIN FREAKING MACK? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Glad I've never been to Cleveland. Never really wanted to go. People there must have a major complex by now.

5. Bubbler

Casey Coleman's the-media-hates-me BS intro made me do the same. Oh how I hated him, especially compared to the other Cleveland anchors of the time (Chandler and Donovan). Stick with it, though, there's some world class cheese at the end.

6. imjustagirl

Donovan always bugged me (still does, whenever I see pics) but Nev was the deal. RIP Nev. Which is weird, because I HATED the rest of those news staffs. I liked the ABC news the least...probably NBC (minus Donovan) the most, then CBS.

Casey's shirt was entertainment all by itself.

7. Bubbler

Nev was the best by miles. RIP indeed.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Dusty Baker's got one more job in him, Cleveland

9. imjustagirl

SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Now that he's become a laughable caricature of himself, and seems to be slipping into early senility - Piniella seems like a good fit for Cleveland.

Draft saved Draft deleted