1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harvey Weinstein, Mr. soon-to-be-living-the-rest-of-his- short-ass-life-in-agonizing-pain, arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, May 24, 2018.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Or to sculpting female athletes' faces for Hall of Fame plaques in California.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

No, that's Major Monogram from "Phineas and Ferb."

[​IMG]

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Not walrus-y enough.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

qtlaw likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So whataboutism is his defense?

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

(In response to the article) No, losing your wealth, career, family and reputation is not enough for raping and sexually abusing women and abusing your power. Under the laws of the State of New York (and most every other state) that means prison, as it should be. Just because you're rich doesn't mean "you've suffered enough."

8. YankeeFan

It’s quite an article, isn’t it?

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I guess I lead a sheltered life, or don't read the society columns enough anyway. I have no clue who "Taki" is.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Maybe because his last moment of relevance was during the Eisenhower administration? Or do incidents involving suitcases full of cocaine and airport drug sniffing dogs make one relevant?

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Weinstein's argument is that the women are lying about him, in the sense that they gave consent to whatever it is he was asking them to do.

I think he's lying out of his ass. I think he's guilty as hell. And I think a jury will agree. But it's going to go to trial because this man isn't getting out of jail anytime soon with a plea. So he'll roll the dice with a trial and make the state prove its case.

12. YankeeFan

The Spectator columnist Taki Theodoracopulos has retracted an interview with Harvey Weinstein in which the disgraced Hollywood mogul was quoted discussing the sexual assault allegations against him.

In a story published Friday — "Harvey Weinstein: ‘I offered acting jobs in exchange for sex, but so does everyone — they still do’" — Theodoracopulos wrote a column in defense of Weinstein and quoted him, in the first interview since the accusations and subsequent sex-crimes charges came to light, about his alleged behavior.
    Shortly after the story published, Brafman said Weinstein was misquoted and Theodoracopulos issued a retraction over what he called a "social" visit.

“I was present for the conversation; it was not an interview, but a social meeting between old friends," says Brafman in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "Harvey and Taki did not discuss the case, nor would I allow him to. They talked about old Hollywood and the contrast to European culture, and I think Taki sees Harvey in that older light. Mr. Weinstein never said anything about trading movie roles for sexual favors. You have my word that Harvey did not say that.”

Theodoracopulos added in a statement: “After 41 years as a Spectator columnist without a single retraction, I believe that I may have misrepresented Harvey Weinstein's conversation with me in New York last month. It was my mistake. We were discussing Hollywood and I may have misunderstood certain things about the methods of that place. I had nothing to do with the headline of my article and I hope I have not damaged his case. It was, after all, a social visit."

Columnist Retracts Harvey Weinstein Interview, Says Conversation Was a "Social Visit"

Draft saved Draft deleted