1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harvard football player kicked off the team for skit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/football/articles/2006/09/23/flop_show_at_harvard/

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Typical bad Harvard behavior that should not be punished based on others actions. Clearly this is a school and a program filled with silver spoon babies.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He could only come up with 20 reasons why Harvard won't ever be Division I-A in football?

4. No...No...you've got to read. The Top 20 reasons.

More importantly, another example of trying to bullshit kids into believing that football will teach them about life in a capatilistic society. Coach doesn't like player calling him out, uses dictatorial power to silence him. Looks more like teachings of Tyranny to me.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Loved that at least 20 of the players faced down Murphy the next day.

6. busuncle

busuncle Member

That was my favorite part. Very ballsy of the players. Good for them.

Can't believe someone is dismissed for a tongue-in-cheek skit. Murphy should get a sense of humor.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

A number of players were said to consider Toci's skit less offensive than other acts, including one suggesting that the team's All-Ivy running back, Clifton Dawson, performed oral sex on Harvard coach Tim Murphy.

I guess he doesn't mind the implication that he gets sucked off by certain players. The player who got kicked off the team probably wouldn't drop to his knees and that's really why he's gone. :eek:

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, now there's a stretch.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

was this kid high when he performed the skit?

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Providence Journal columnist gets his panties twisted:

http://www.projo.com/sports/jimdonaldson/projo_20060924_24jdcol.2f4967a.html

Draft saved Draft deleted